Undergraduate students who have been readmitted after being out of UK for two or more consecutive years may return to UK, take 12 hours or more and earn a GPA of 2.0 or higher beginning with their first semester after readmission and request that all of their previous UK grades be removed from their GPA. The grades will remain on the official transcript with a notation stating the grades are not used in calculating the student’s GPA. The dean of the student’s college may allow students to receive credit for certain courses without using the grades in the student’s GPA.

Academic Bankruptcy may only be used once.

If a student completes a degree, sits out 2 years and returns for another degree, they may not apply for academic bankruptcy on courses taken for the completed degree.

To begin the process, please contact the Center for Student Success in N24 Agricultural Science Center or 859-257-3468.